This course is only available in French.
Some health care professionals are not comfortable guiding women in the design of a prenatal exercise program or a post-natal fitness program. Out of embarrassment or ignorance, both health care professionals and clients will not address pelvic floor issues following childbirth, believing that the issue will not be influenced by the choice of exercise. These women do not know how to train, how to adapt their physical activities, or even where to start!
This course is designed for all health professionals who wish to work with pregnant and postpartum women. Specifically, this course covers the following topics:
THEORETICAL PART (75%):
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Physiological changes during pregnancy, the impact of different trimesters
- Physical activity during pregnancy (benefits, risks, absolute contraindications)
- Potential pelvic floor problems during pregnancy
- Potential musculoskeletal pain during pregnancy
- Potential pelvic floor issues after childbirth
- The reality of the new mother
- The diastasis of big rights
- Physical activity and the new mother’s return to sports (benefits, the concept of progression)
- What you need to understand and know about physical activity pessaries
PRACTICAL PART (25%):
Demonstration of online exercises:
- The basic exercises to engage the transverse abdomen and progression.
- Pelvic floor recruitment exercises, the right instructions! Pelvic floor palpation as an outpatient!
- Basic exercises to include in an exercise program for pregnant and postnatal women, and what to AVOID!
- The main tapings to know for the pregnant and postnatal woman