This course is in the process of being created. We estimate that the course will be completed in winter 2023. An email will be sent to you as soon as the course is available to start learning. Don’t forget to check your junk mail! We can’t wait to share it with you!
This course features an overview of somatosensory function and development, the role of postural control in movement acquisition and physiologic adaptation, skeletal modeling mechanisms and influences, and ideal and pathomechanical features of orthopedic development of the trunk and selected aspects of the extremities.
Instructor describes selected musculoskeletal assessments and the clinical implications of their findings and brings them to therapeutic and orthotic management planning designed to optimize bone and joint development via building postural control and movement skills. The relevance of the findings obtained in the musculoskeletal assessment to target selected interventions is made evident in videotaped cases.
- Module 1 : An Overview of Developmental Changes in the Spine and Lower Extremities
- Module 2 : Strain and Load: Shaping Bones and Joints with Skeletal Modeling
- Module 3 : Proximal Before Distal: Contributions of Postural Control Acquisition & Maintenance to Orthopedic & Neuromotor Development
- Module 4 : Biomechanical Advantages to Orthopedic Development of Full-Term Gestation
- Module 5 : Movement-Related Skeletal Modeling Opportunities
- Module 6: Limb Length Inequality: Assessment & Implications
- Module 7 : Developmental Features of the Knee Joint in the Frontal Plane
- Module 8 : Ideal Lower Limb Soft‐Tissue Extensibility ‐ Evidence of Use History
- Module 9 : The Role of Postural Control Deficits in Deformity Development
- Module 10 : Carry-Over Strategies for Improving Postural Control
- Module 11 : Intro & Nomenclature Lab
- Module 12 : Developmental Changes in the Pelvis & Femur in the Transverse Plane
- Module 13 : Assessing the Hips & Femur in the Transverse Plane
- Module 14 : Clinical Implications of Transverse-Plane Hip and Femur Findings
- Module 15 : Intro & Developmental Changes in the Knee, Leg, & Foot in the Transverse Plane
- Module 16 : Clinical Implications of Transverse-Plane Knee & Leg Findings
- Module 17 : Associating Foot Alignment with Orthopedic Development in Diplegic CP
- Module 18 : Research Concerns & Ideas
- Module 19 : Summary