This course is only available in French.
The Global Approach to Pain Management Certification offers an innovative, evidence-based, holistic approach to pain management. This approach integrates 10 key elements including neuroscience and education about pain; stress response; breathing, meditation, imagery, yoga and mindfulness therapy. The management of the person in pain is guided by a bio-psycho-social model. This pain-centered approach takes into consideration the factors that predict rehabilitation outcomes, integrates notions of compassion, neuroplasticity and offers exercises adapted to the person’s condition through yoga-inspired movements and manual techniques.
Level 1 is built around the 10 key elements of certification. It is an innovative, complete and clinically applicable course that offers the best tools to manage a person in pain in its entirety, according to the latest scientific evidence.
Through this level, the participant will learn many theoretical and practical concepts aimed at:
- See the person in pain in his or her entirety thanks to the BPS + model
- Better understand the neuroscience of pain and its impact on the person in pain
- Be able to explain the phenomenon of pain
- Better evaluate and classify pain in order to optimize its management
- Understand the influence of the stress response in pain management
- Consider predictive factors of therapeutic results
- Introduce breathing, meditation, mindfulness, imagery and yoga in rehabilitation
- Provide mindfulness therapy
Key elements addressed are:
- The BPS+ model
- Neuroscience of pain: Ceptions, neuromatrix, pain mechanisms
- Stress response and polyvagal theory
- Predictors of therapeutic outcome: Motivation, locus of control, self-efficacy, expectations and the therapeutic bond
- Mindfulness therapy
- Modern pain education
- Meditation and mindfulness