This course is in the process of being created. We estimate that the course will be completed in winter 2023. An email will be sent to you as soon as the course is available to start learning. We can’t wait to share it with you!
Inflammation underpins all biological processes. This course will explore how self-regulatory control of inflammation impacts on immune and nervous system function and can result in pain, and/or autoimmune conditions and/or diseases of lifestyle. Evidence based and practical strategies to restore healthy regulation of inflammation will be discussed.
This course is complementary to Inflammation, pain and the brain : Considering post-covid musculoskeletal pain. The aim of this first talk was to draw attention to the involvement of the immune system and open the discussion on how inflammation underpins pretty much everything. So it is linked but this course will be more detailed and focus on how the different systems interface and the different types of inflammation.
- Module 1 : Inflammation and health overview
- Module 2 : Immune mediated inflammation and auto immune conditions
- Module 3 : Nervous system inflammation and pain conditions
- Module 4 : How obesity, sedentary behaviour and stress lead to chronic inflammation and diseases of lifestyle
- Module 5 : Health management strategies using case studies