Members of the Oncology division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association are entitled to a $10 discount. Write to us with your proof of membership to receive the discount.
This short course is presented by Karen Dobbin, a physiotherapist with a Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Medical Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy. She is also a Clinical Professor in Oncology Rehabilitation and Lymphedema Management at the University of Manitoba. In addition, she is an acupuncture provider (certified in the use of dry needling physiotherapy puncture). She also works in private practice and at CancerCare Manitoba where she has implemented a physiotherapy program in oncology rehabilitation.
The objectives of this course is to help you recognize the needs of cancer patients and to deepen your role as physiotherapists with this population. This course will also provide you with new perspectives and concrete tools for the development of physiotherapy services or rehabilitation programs for cancer survivors. It will also allow you to describe the outcomes of such a program with cancer patients. Specifically, Karen provides appropriate outcomes measures for the cancer population.
Topics to be covered in this course include :
- Definition of cancer rehabilition
- A bit of cancer epidemiology
- Physical needs of cancer patients
- Process of development of cancer rehabilitation services
- Objectives of the Physiotherapy Cancer Rehabilitation Program for cancer survivors
- Outcomes of physiotherapy cancer rehabilitation
- Outcomes measures for the cancer population