Stéphanie Bernard is a physiotherapist who has been practicing in the field of perineal rehabilitation since graduating from McGill University in 2006. In addition to her clinical practice, she has completed a clinical research program that led her to obtain her PhD in 2021. Her research interests include perineal rehabilitation for clients with abdominal diastasis and oncology clients. She has been teaching in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program at Université Laval since 2013 and collaborates in the training of residents in Urology and Gynecology at Université Laval by hosting them as interns in her clinical setting. She also participates as a laboratory instructor for the basic training of perineal rehabilitation with Uro-Santé. She sits on the Executive Committee of the Women’s Health Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, as well as on the committee for the recognition of competencies in perineal rehabilitation of the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec.
Career highlights :
- Receive twice the distinction of being named to the Honor Roll of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies of Université Laval, i.e. upon obtaining the degree of Master of Science and upon obtaining the degree of Doctorate in Clinical and Biomedical Sciences.
Clinical interests :
- Perineal and pelvic rehabilitation
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation related to abdominal diastasis
- Men’s and women’s health.
University studies :
- Bachelor of Sciences, Physical Therapy (McGill University, 2006)
- Master of Sciences with thesis – Experimental Medicine Program (concentration habilitation/rehabilitation) (Université Laval, 2016)
- PhD in Clinical and Biomedical Sciences (with a concentration in habilitation/rehabilitation) (Université Laval, 2021)
- Post Doctorate in Oncology Rehabilitation (University of Alberta, 2021 – in progress)