This course is only available in French.
The Global Approach to Pain Management Certification offers an innovative, evidence-based, holistic approach to pain management. This approach integrates 10 key elements including neuroscience and education about pain; stress response; breathing, meditation, imagery, yoga and mindfulness therapy. The management of the person in pain is guided by a bio-psycho-social model. This pain-centered approach takes into consideration the factors that predict rehabilitation outcomes, integrates notions of compassion, neuroplasticity and offers exercises adapted to the person’s condition through yoga-inspired movements and manual techniques.
Level 1 is built around the 10 key elements of certification. It is an innovative, complete and clinically applicable course that offers the best tools to manage a person in pain in its entirety, according to the latest scientific evidence.
Key elements addressed are:
- The BPS+ model
- Neuroscience of pain: Ceptions, neuromatrix, pain mechanisms
- Stress response and polyvagal theory
- Predictors of therapeutic outcome: Motivation, locus of control, self-efficacy, expectations and the therapeutic bond
- Mindfulness therapy
- Modern pain education
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Apply the bio-psycho-social plus model in the management of the person in pain
- Understand and be able to explain the neuroscience of pain in relation to practice and clinical reality
- Evaluate and classify pain by mechanism to optimize management
- Justify the application of validated questionnaires in pain management
- Understand the clinical implication of the stress response and the polyvagal theory in the person in pain and apply it in his management
- Recognize the importance of predictors of therapeutic outcome, psycho-social factors, sleep and energy conservation in the management of the person in pain
- Integrate the basics of yoga, mindfulness meditation, cardiac coherence and imagery in the optimization of the assessment and management of the person in pain