If you would like to have the English version, write to us at email@example.com
Our understanding of the etiology and management of knee osteoarthritis (OA) is quickly evolving. This 7,5-hour online course on knee osteoarthritis assessment and treatment will debunk common knee osteoarthritis myths, provide clinicians with a detailed overview of the complex etiology of knee osteoarthritis, and provide recommendations for the assessment and treatment of knee osteoarthritis according to best practice guidelines.
The Knee Osteoarthritis Assessment & Management online course includes:
- 7.5 hours of educational content: 6.25 hours of video lectures and 1.25 hours of other educational material (quizzes, readings, etc.)
- A document with sample exercises for patients with knee osteoarthritis
- More than 400 presentation slides with tons of evidence-based recommendations to help optimize your clinical assessment, treatment and plan of care
- A comprehensive list of references (200+ peer-reviewed articles)
More specifically, by the end of this online course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the complex, multifactorial nature of knee osteoarthritis and its clinical presentation.
- Identify important risk factors for knee osteoarthritis and understand how these risk factors may contribute to the initiation/progression of knee osteoarthritis using different models.
- Understand the different neurophysiological mechanisms involved in the experience of osteoarthritis pain, as well as factors that contribute to the maintenance and exacerbation of osteoarthritis pain.
- Understand the most common differential diagnoses of knee osteoarthritis.
- Screen for and identify red/yellow flags in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
- Understand the importance of psychosocial factors, and their relation to prognosis and outcomes in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
- Integrate evidence-based clinical diagnostic criteria, assessment tools (ex: functional tests) and outcome measures to inform their clinical impression and treatment strategies.
- Understand best-practice recommendations and key principles for the treatment of patients with knee osteoarthritis (i.e. patient education, exercise, weight management, manual therapy, etc.).
- Understand best-practice recommendations for supplements, injection therapies and surgery for patients with knee osteoarthritis.
- Understand best-practice recommendations and key principles for pre-habilitation and post-operative rehabilitation following knee arthroplasty.