This course is only available in French.
This section is intended for health professionals and focuses on nutrition for athletes who perform in resistance, endurance and intermittent training. This course will allow you to develop the key learnings adapted to different sports and specific cases in order to acquire a global vision regarding sports nutrition for this type of clientele. Also, an update of the latest scientific evidence as well as practical applications will be presented.
- Update the scientific knowledge related to sports nutrition for these types of training
- Know the challenges, issues and specific needs of athletes and sportsmen according to their training
- Ensure optimal support for this clientele during competitions
- Know how to maintain health capital based on a healthy diet
- Know how to promote an optimal body composition
- Understand the impact of nutrients on performance
- Understand how nutrition can help facilitate the regeneration of muscle tissue, limit the development of fatigue and the risk of injury
- Know how to advise an athlete on the management of intestinal discomfort during exercise
This section is intended for health professionals and will address more specific topics in sports nutrition such as vegetarianism and supplementation. Also, this course will focus on three major problems often encountered by athletes, which in the long term can have a major impact on performance and health. These three issues are: concussions, injuries and anemia in runners as well as the relative energy deficit syndrome (RED-S).
Science-based management strategies will be presented and tools will be offered to ensure that you are more competent in managing these types of situations.
- Update the scientific knowledge related to vegetarianism
- Recognize the myths that circulate about vegan athletes
- Know the issues and specific needs of vegan athletes
- Know the nutritional recommendations and specific needs for a vegetarian athletic clientele.
- Update the scientific knowledge related to concussions, injuries and anemia in runners as well as RED-S.
- Develop an optimal accompaniment in these particular situations
- Facilitate the return to training and minimize the long-term negative impacts
- Allow for adequate education of athletes in order to prevent the development of such problems
- Know the winning strategies related to nutritional supplementation
- Know the issues of false positive doping tests
- Educate athletes about the marketing of food products for sale